Wednesday 11 December 2013

Make Up Trends Autumn/Winter 2013

Make-up Autumn/Winter Trends 2013

As part of my research, I looked into the make-up trends to get inspiration for my shoot concept look. When doing this, I researched mainly on the internet and within magazines such as Vogue and Elle to find out what the new trends were. When researching, I found that a lot of the trends were taking inspiration from the punk look and the punk trend for autumn/winter, following the met ball early this year. This showcased a-listers and celebrities embracing the punk theme. 

Fendi
Fendi embraced the original punk look with hair artist Sam McKnight, bringing back the mohawk hairstyle with a twist, using a French plait through the back of the head to add texture to the striking hair pieces. 


Prada
Pat McGrath followed the footsteps of Christian Dior with the petal stained lips trend, but opted for a dark red berry shade to stand out on the runway. The look was flawless and was completed with a flick of eye-liner on the lids of the eyes. The make-up showcased an element of grunge with smudged eye-liner under the eye with wet hair to emphasise a kind of 'I don't care' look.



Rick Owens
Rick Owen certainly blown away his audience with this extravagant massive hair in big and small crimps, which was paired with minimal make-up to keep the focus on the face. The hair most definitely showcased a range of textures and volume, which looked great on the catwalk. 



After researching into some of the make-up trends which I feel have all embraced the punk/grungy vibe which was present on catwalks this season, from Versace to Saint Laurent. I've decided that I want my final beauty look for my shoot concept to include crimped hair as I feel it would be great to photograph and is edgy, which will go towards the punk edge in the clothing. I also feel the crimped hair is very bold and textured and would add a fun element to the images. I also love the stained lips showcased at Prada and want my model to have bright red stained lips. I feel the red would stand out and add colour to the face and would also look great with a strong black eye-liner which I want to use on the eyes to make them stand out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment