Monday 9 December 2013

Elle Magazine Shoot Concept



For my shoot concept, I decided I want my 2 final images to feature in Elle magazine. This is because, I feel that my shoot will fit in well with the magazine.

'Elle' in French stands for she, which indicates that the magazine is targeted for mainly women. The content is aimed at women ages 16-30 who are interested in fashion and beauty trends. Women nowadays are very fashion concious as the industry is rapidly changing and therefore the magazine reaches a mass audience of women who seek advice to improve their appearance. Overall, the magazine content is full of articles and advertisements that focus on appearance, in particular fashion and beauty. Elle does this to reach their women audience, as today image is everything in the women and most importantly the fashion industry.


Elle is a very commercial magazine with over 442 pages of advertisements and the magazine thrives in selling. As a result, the magazine focuses on giving the consumer what they want and need. Elle does this through the content, including the advice and tips they give their reader in order to improve appearance in terms of beauty and fashion. The magazine is full of beauty and fashion articles and shoots, as that's what the main reader of Elle will want to be seeing within the magazine.



Elle is known for being a prestigious magazine as the content is filled with designer clothing and adverts for designer brands. Therefore, the audience for the magazine would fit into the higher demographics group from A-C1 as the reader would need a high disposable income to afford the fashion inside. Women who are aspirer's would be the main audience for Elle as they seek status. Their materialistic, acquisitive, focused on image, appearance, persona and fashion, which are all the things which the magazine offers their audience.



Overall, when looking at the main and type of reader for Elle magazine, I feel my shoot would fit in well with the magazine. This is because, the magazine is aimed at women and my shoot is for women's fashion and also includes a women model. The clothes I'm using are also affordable to the demographics of the magazine and the outfits would interest women aged 16-30 as the clothing is very trend driven and from brands which target young audiences, such as Zara.

As my shoot concept is about advertising a new trend for autumn/winter, it would fit perfectly within the magazine as Elle offers it's reader a lot of advice about the new trends. Also, my shoot would interest a mass audience, as women seek advice in magazines for the new trends and especially as Elle's main audience are aspirer's and the shoot will be focusing on images, appearance and fashion.

Elle also thrives in offering their consumer with what they want and therefore, I feel my shoot will fit perfectly inside the magazine. This is because, it will offer advice about the new trends and will be very fashion focused.

Elle magazine is overall very clean cut and simple and this style is continued throughout the magazine. Also, when analysing the editorial fashion shoots I found they were all about selling the clothing. The images were very strong, well thought-out and simplicity was key. To make sure my shoot fits into the magazine, I'm going to ensure my photographs show off the clothing well and that their strong. I will also keep to the clean cut and simple style of the magazine by shooting within a studio, instead of location.




No comments:

Post a Comment