Thursday 14 November 2013

Autumn/Winter 2013 Trend Altert!

For my visual report for styling fundamentals, I decided to conduct some research to form my virtual shoot concept. When researching for the Autumn/Winter trends for this year, I searched mainly on Vogue and Style and also looked in Elle magazine to wider my knowledge. This bought me to the conclusion that this season is very versatile and there's a trend to suit everyone. From tartan prints to rosy woolly winter coats, you are sure to find a trend you love.

This Autumn/Winter collections have been bombarded with everything from dark prints, pastel colours and coats in every possible shape you can think of to prepare you for the colder weather.The trends dominating the catwalks this season include:
  • Punk 
  • Pastel coats
  • Men's coats
  • Crazy fur
  • Menswear fabrics
  • Mid-century
  • Wings of desire
  • Moody blooms
  • Take cover
  • Rose bouquet 
  • The square route
These are just a fraction of the fashion trends this season as I was most inspired by these trends, when conducting my research. These trends also inspired the collections of top fashion designers and the most anticipated catwalk shows in the industry; Prada, Chanel, Versace & Gucci. 

This season, I am absolutely crushing over the patterns and prints and so much so that my wardrobe is already overflowing with checks, dark florals, herringbone and tartan prints. I've also fell in love with the pastel colours from lavender to powder pink that have paraded the likes of Celine and Gucci's catwalk shows.
I was particularly inspired by the Punk trend that ruled the catwalk shows of Versace and Chanel. The collections were inspired by the queen of punk, Vivienne Westwood and included tartan, studs and leather. I'm a massive fan of leather clothing and love the tartan classic print, so I fell in love with this trend immediately.
I also enjoyed Givenchy's and Valentino's take on the moody blooms trend. This involved dark floral clothing in hues of burnt orange, red and black. I love the dark, enigmatic glamour and feel it's a trend that can be played around with, using other styles. 
Finally, I absolutely adore the rose bouquet trend which took centre stage at shows including; Christian Dior, Lanvin and Celine. The trend is right up my street, with a feminine and chic vibe that can be interpreted into day or evening wear. 















These are images from 3 of my favourite trends for the Autumn/Winter 2013 from Givenchy, Chanel and Topshop's unique collections. From looking at all the trends and choosing these three as my favourite, I'm going to decide one trend which I think will be most effective for my Visual shoot concept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment